5.28.2004

Goodnight, Seattle

Just finished ranting to the Rach... I think I have a lot more to say... but it just becomes this agonizing process of 'What will they think?'

So, read about this dude named Rance in the online papers. He alledges to be a celebrity blogging to rant(Rants=Rance) about his work, life, etc., as we all do on these damn things... People have apparently speculated to death about his true identity... Wonder if anyone thought that it was some Kutcher-wanna be, if it isn't him at all, and all the readers and believers are being "punk'd".

I've come to appreciate this solitude. Right now, it's just the right amount of friends and just the right amount of life.

Rach and I talked about a lot of things tonight... and I doubt that I've made any sense during our conversation... I probably kept her up... haha... I ranted about how small Ithaca really is, and how underneath all the liberal residents, the people who have true power are rich conservative pricks.

I truly appreciate the diversity as far as the socio-ecomic status' go in Ithaca, but the difference between the rich people with the big houses to the astounding poverty presented in the back woods somewhere in Ithaca, where people literally live under the carboard boxes almost makes me sick. For such a small town, there seems to be a lot of variety...

I don't know how many people that goes to IC realizes that Ithaca's population is very UNlike the population of IC... Ithaca has quite the diverse population, which Rach says will be great for the kids being raised here... and I agree... living in such diversity can only help increasing understanding and appreciation of differences.

People amaze me.

Admittedly, I am quite vocal when it comes to certain issues that are close to my heart. While certain people here I've met are too worried about others liking them to vocalize their beliefs and opinions, there are people that are not afraid to say what they mean and defend who they are. You know who you are.

Also, I admit, that I fail to be tolerant with people who are intolerant and small-minded. I've spoken up a lot about the small-town mentality. I've met only a few, and I mean few, exceptions to my theory that small-towns many times breed small-minds.

It may be stereotypical... but sadly enough, it seems to be true... especially encountering a certain asswipe that's been raised in Ithaca; a boy named Jesse Katen; and a certain NJ boy. Certain people I won't reveal the name, though it seems quite obvious who it is, because I feel that if they know who they are, good... if they don't... good god... go experience life some more.

anyways... none of that was in any particular order as I wrote it... It's just some more rantings... and me saying, Goodnight, Seattle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home